|Could you conceive humorous moral stories and then reduce them to a sentence or two? James Russell Lowell did it admirably.|
6 Quotes From James Russell Lowell
- Democracy is the form of government that gives every man the right to be his own oppressor.
- Mishaps are like knives, that either serve us or cut us, as we grasp them by the blade or by the handle.
- One thorn of experience is worth a whole wilderness of warning.
- The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinions.
- The greatest homage we can pay to truth, is to use it.
- There is no good in arguing with the inevitable. The only argument available with an east wind is to put on your overcoat.
Return to Quotes from Humorous Moral Stories: James Russell Lowell