|George, we note you wrote wise and clever sayings. Here’s hoping you were recognized for your talent in your time.
8 Quotes From George William Curtis
- Anger is an expensive luxury in which only men of certain income can indulge.
- He is so old that his blood type was discontinued.
- Imagination is as good as many voyages - and how much cheaper!
- It is not observed in history that families improve with time.
- Nature makes woman to be won and men to win.
- Romance like a ghost escapes touching; it is always where you are not, not where you are. The interview or conversation was prose at the time, but it is poetry in the memory.
- The new year begins in a snow-storm of white vows.
- The test of civilization is its estimate of women.
Return to Quotes from Wise and Clever Sayings: George William Curtis